Miss Thang over at The Dolls Factory informally tagged me to do a little post about seven (deadly!) confessions I have. I thought it would be a good way for you all to get to know me a little bit better, since I've never really formally introduced myself (although I'm sure you all love reading my day to day blurbs about my life!).
- I had otoplasty when I was 16. My ears still aren't symmetrical, and I'm fearful that someday, one of them will "come back," even though I've been assured that probably won't happen.
- I don't really get off on Fashion Week like most fashion bloggers do. I enjoy glancing at some of the collections, but I don't analyze them or pee my pants in anticipation for the next show. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I'm a realist. Most runway designs aren't all that translatable to the real world, and that makes a lot of them irrelevant to my lifestyle.
- I'm a total country girl at heart. The city makes me a little claustrophobic. My dream house is in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by a bit of woods, perhaps on a lake, and not too close to neighbors (but at least within walking distance). I'd love me a (well decorated) log cabin.
- I'm a horrible speller. Thank you, spell check! Thank you very much.
- I don't understand the appeal of some typical "fashion icons." I think most bloggers have more style than Alexa Chung does (oh, and her collection for Madewell? Very disappointing, if you want my opinion. Which of course you do!). Anna Wintour seems to have been put on this untouchable, holy pedestal, which, to me, makes her boring. And don't even get me started on this fetish everyone seems to have with Holly Golightly...
- I have a 3.8 GPA.
- If it wasn't for clothes (or shoes. Or accessories. Or more clothes) or stuff for my camera, I would spend literally no money at all. I'm really not a big fan of capitalism or consumerism. I'd probably be out living off the land right now if it weren't for my obsession with apparel.